The Mount Pleasant station in 1955
The station was built 1916 for the Lake Erie and Northern Railway and was based on the Canadian Pacific no. 14 station design
LE and N was an electric railway owned by CPR, operating between Galt and Port Dover in southern Ontario.
Passenger operations on the line ceased April 23, 1955, but the LE&N continued freight operations until 1961.
CPR abandoned the track south of Simcoe to Port Dover in 1962, and eventually they consolidated operations between Brantford and Waterford to using the TH&B line until 1989 when they abandoned all operations between Hamilton and Waterford
The station was moved in 1993 to the private property where it currently resides.
While currently on private property, the BRHS is in the process of preserving the station with future plans to relocate and reopen it as a railway museum.
To make a donation to help with the Mt Pleasant LE&N station